Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Thoughts on Love Wins by Rob Bell

Love Wins is "a book about heaven, hell and the fate of every person who ever lived, by Rob Bell."

The book candidly gives the author's view on the reason a lot of people turn towards Christianity - to go to heaven. He raises many of the common questions that many Christians and non-Christians alike tend to ask. Kudos to Pastor Bell on even attempting to take on these issues. Bell makes biblical references to show what seem to be inconsistencies in the bible... or at least reason for questions. In short, he appears to question just about everything he can think of to question how we know we will go to heaven... or hell. He sure asks a lot of questions for someone who says the book is about the answers and not the questions (I snicker). Nothing is all bad though.

I must admit that I don't like these types of books. Putting aside my cynicism, it is probably written to inspire thought and challenge one's preconceived notions about life and death. Well, I still don't like it.


Note: This is book #12 in my 24 in 2011 Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I literally did LOL at "Well, I still don't like it."

    I find it difficult that anyone could even write a book about heaven and hell considering none of us have ever been there. Maybe that's why he asks so many questions.

    Speaking of heaven I recently read 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' which was a pretty good book. But it was fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon. I've heard about that book – The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I may just try to read it before the end of the year.

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete