Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Trailers: Featuring Bella by Steve Piacente

They are probably one of the hottest things around these days... in the publishing industry anyway. Book Trailers work more or less like movie trailers. They are very effective when done well. Steve Piacente, author of Bella, invited me to take a look at his book trailer this morning. All I can say is – very well done Steve.

Not everyone is convinced of the book trailer's marketing potential but they are essential tools for marketing any novel in the multimedia driven world. A good trailer helps to fuel the reader's imagination. It is a window into the writer's eye.

When I have finished reading a well-written novel, the characters all have faces and voices. Haha. I'm not crazy now but I could probably even describe their personal style, couch and taste in bed linen whether the book takes me to their bedroom or not. In short, if I've read a good book, I've already seen a good movie (in my head) and a book trailer only helps my visual form of reading along. I don't think I am making myself sound any more sane as I keep writing so I'll stop here and let you see the impressive book trailer for Bella by Steve Piacente.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. I strive as a writer to always paint a picture with my words. It's wonderful to hear from the reader's perspective. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tess. I'm glad you like the post. Painting pictures, or in this case, creating a movie-like experience is great for the modern visual reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedre,
    Thanks for the shout out! If anyone's interested, the actual story board we used to put together the trailer is here: http://www.getbella.com/pack-some-sizzle-in-your-trailer/
    I invite everyone to come take a look and browse around the Bella site.
    Best, Steve

    ReplyDelete