Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I'm Reading Now

While reuniting with a high school friend at a mutual friend's wedding, she put me on to this book – Decision Points, a memoir by former US President, George W Bush. She listened to the audio book shortly after it's release in November while on a road trip with her husband. I hit her up on Facebook to find out what she thought of it when the opportunity to listen to it myself arose. Here is what she had to say...


"Hey Diedre,

Decision Points is a weird book....simplistic in the first part and overly convoluted in the second part - I hear GW wrote the first part and the ghost writer did the second. The only chapter worth reading/listening to is the 9/11 one. Hearing what he thought/did/felt... makes you think of him differently, in a more positive light. The whole book makes you realize that he is a man of convictions (even if they are convictions that you don't believe in) and a man of faith."


Well TT, I think that review was enough for me to want to read the entire book. Thanks for the mini review. I'll write my own review in a few days... tainted though it may be with my very intelligent friend's review. Hahaha. Hey, I'm human. I will try to give my most honest review in a couple of days. Check back soon. See the "trailer" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment